ADR and Collaborative Divorce
Collaborative divorce is an unopposed negotiating process, involving a series of meetings between the parties and their lawyers. The goal of this process is the following:
- Negotiating the dissolution of your marriage with honesty, co-operation, and professionalism, keeping in mind your future well being and the well being of your family;
- Giving full and open disclosure of all relevant information, whether requested or not;
- Protecting the privacy and dignity of all involved;
- Not taking advantage of your spouse, or the miscalculations or mistakes of others, and
- No contested court applications.
A Registered Collaborative Family Law Lawyer has special training in the Harvard Model of Interest Based Negotiation Theory, as well as hours of Family Mediation Training.